Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 22: Sauvignon Blanc

Wine! I figured today would be the day to get a wine in! I was busy and beer brewing sounded like a lot of work.

On to the wine...

Wine #1 - Sauvignon Blanc

Style: Sauvignon Blanc

Recipe: For 6 Gallons

It's a 10 liter Grand Cru Sauvignon Blanc kit that starts as 10 liters, and makes 23 liters, 6 gallons. Filled a 6 gallon glass carboy to 6 gallons and threw the bentonite in. Hydrometer reading was 1.084. Sprinkled yeast on top as instructed, not stirring it in. It says to give it two weeks in the primary. I'm interested to see how active it'll be these first couple of weeks. I may play by my own rules and move it when it settles down- no air bubbles coming through the airlock. I'm planning on a longer secondary fermentation than their 2 week suggestion. I may tweak and play around some with the chemicals, or I may play by the rules:)

Cheers!
Aaron

2 comments: